Next week, WordCamp US 2018 will take place in Nashville, TN. As part of the organizing team, I might not be able to make the sessions, I’d like. Here is the list of talks about Gutenberg that interest me. I keep this list so I can catch the talks on WordPress.tv afterwards.
- 10:30 am – Gary Pendergast and his talk “The Future of WordPress is Gutenberg”
- 11:30 am Andrew Taylor with “Holy BlockAMole: Tips on Learning Block Development”
- 1:45 pm Jason Bahl will talk quickly in this lightening talk “Gutenberg, GraphQL and Government: Building Blocks for the State of California”
- 2:00 pm Daniel Schutzsmith and his short talk: Using Design Systems, Advanced Custom Fields, and Gutenberg to Win on the Web
- 3:45 pm Miina Sikk with How we extended Gutenberg core blocks to build in AMP support
- 4:45 pm Tammie Lister Product Design Through Stories
- This might not be about Gutenberg specifically. I’d be interested to learn from the co-lead designer of the project on how to approach product design.
- 11:00 am Helen Hou-Sandi and Metaboxes Considered Harmful
- 2:30 pm Alexis Lloyd The evolution and future of publishing – Alexis is the co-lead for Gutenberg’s Phase 2 together with Riad Benguella.
- 4:00 pm Matt Mullenweg State of the Word
All times are local. Did I miss any? Please add in the comment section
Should you go to any of these sessions, it would be wonderful if you could share you notes or even put a short recap post together. If you are interested, leave a comment or send me an email
Featured Image: Photo by David Needham, Volunteer photographer at WordCamp US 2017